Next up in The Concierge Scoop: Brent reminds us that basic jewelry care is never basic, makes a strong case for a soft cloth, and delivers the definitive word on keeping your pearls pearly.
1. As tempting as they are, your gemstones will sparkle more if you don’t touch them.
2. Avoid harsh chemicals and ultrasonic cleaners. Less is more, especially with your most delicate pieces.
3. Yes, we all do it, but your jewelry will thank you if you don’t sleep in it.
4. When you’re not showing it off, keep your jewelry protected in its dazzling Cast clutch.
1. For light cleaning, gently wipe your jewelry with a soft, untreated cloth.
2. A regular cleaning with mild dish and water does wonders for dirt removal.
3. Over time, it’s natural for metals to tarnish, especially silver. At the first sign of oxidation, give it a gentle rub with soft cotton cloth and you’ll be shining in no time.
The World is Your Oyster
1. Pearls get better with age. (Don’t we all?) Wearing them often helps. Just not while exercising.
2. Pearls are porous. So best to keep them away from fragrances, lotions, hairspray, and anything that could stain.
3. Wash pearls with mild dish soap and warm water and pat dry with a soft cloth. Pearls like moisture, so no need go overboard.